- Category: Educational
- Published on Monday, 14 December 2009 19:58
- Hits: 2052
Continuing Medical Education
Under the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Fellows are required to earn 400 credits during five years of active practice. This may be achieved by participating in educational activities based on the needs of one’s current professional practice.
- Continuing Medical Education Directory: a compilation of the organizations and individuals involved in Continuing Medical Education in Canadian Medical Schools, Medical Associations and Industry.
- Continuing Medical Education at University of Toronto to browse available courses.
- MDcme.ca - Canada's University eCME Provider: offers online courses
- Self Learning is a voluntary, Internet-based, CFPC educational program that allows physicians to evaluate themselves on how well they are able to keep in touch with current issues in medical literature. CFPC members who subscribe to the Self Learning program may claim up to five Mainpro-M1 credits for each completed issue (up to 30 Mainpro-M1 credits for each year in which they subscribe).
- Category: Educational
- Published on Monday, 14 December 2009 19:49
- Hits: 2210
Specialty Training in Lysosomal Storage Diseases
To those interested in pursuing a specialised training in the Lysosomal Storage area of Metabolic Diseases at The Hospital for Sick Children:
There are fellowship training programs in the Clinical and Metabolic Genetics Division (SickKids) at The Hospital for Sick Children, which are accredited by the Canadian College of Medical Geneticists (CCMG). - http://ccmg.medical.org/
The training we offer includes extensive clinical exposure as well as rotations through service laboratories and a short research project. We see a wide variety of genetics problems, including dysmorphology, metabolic and prenatal cases and have a busy inpatient and outpatient service. We are supported by biochemical, molecular and cytogenetic laboratories. The Department of Paediatric Laboratory Medicine also offers laboratory fellowships in Biochemical, Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics that are accredited by the Canadian College of Medical Geneticists.
For an application form, please contact:
Ms. Tanya Medeiros
The Hospital for Sick Children
Division of Clinical and Metabolic Genetics
555 University Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8